3. Operation Environment
- Location: Indoor, no direct sunlight, dust free, almost non-conductive pollution (note below)
- Relative Humidity: < 80 %
- Altitude: < 2000 m
- Temperature: 0°C to 40 °C
(Pollution Degree) EN 61010-1:2001 specifies the pollution degrees and their requirements as follows. The EEZ BB3 falls under degree 2. Pollution refers to “addition of foreign matter, solid, liquid, or gaseous (ionized gases), that may produce a reduction of dielectric strength or surface resistivity”.
- Pollution degree 1: No pollution or only dry, non-conductive pollution occurs. The pollution has no influence.
- Pollution degree 2: Normally only non-conductive pollution occurs. Occasionally, however, a temporary conductivity caused by condensation must be expected.
- Pollution degree 3: Conductive pollution occurs, or dry, non-conductive pollution occurs which becomes conductive due to condensation which is expected. In such conditions, equipment is normally protected against exposure to direct sunlight, precipitation, and full wind pressure, but neither temperature nor humidity is controlled.
3.1. Storage environment
- Location: Indoor
- Relative Humidity: < 70 %
- Temperature: −10 °C to 70 °C